It all seemed good in my head....that is until we got there and I discovered something very important. I have been realizing more and more over the last few years that I have a fear of heights, but on this trip in particular I realized that that fear is multiplied by 50,000 when I have a toddler running around in an area with said heights!!! Oh my! Think I look remotely calm in this picture? Think again! Notice the death grip my knuckles have on little Briggs!! Right where we're standing, beyond that fence drops into a huge canyon and the whole park is set up above that canyon. Yes, there were fences....but that didn't matter to me :) I couldn't take a deep breath until Briggs was strapped in the car and we were headed home.
Some nice man said he's take a picture of our family. Yeah....he took the picture while asking me how to use the camera....and then seemed to think he'd captured a great pic! One more try shoulda done the trick....oh well :)
So long story short, had the park been placed at the bottom of the falls looking up, it just might have been the lovely afternoon I imagined. But it wasn't, and I was basically a nervous wreck the whole time and Blair was annoyed that I was a nervous wreck the whole time....therefore it wasn't quite the perfect picnic we'd imagined! But I guess we'll have more interesting memories that way....right? And I'll know that one visit to Palouse Falls should do me for life :)



1 comment:
I love the last picture... Let's be honest, like 10 years ago we wouldn't have thought much about it... Well maybe we would but we wouldn't know for days. I just like to see that not everyone has every picture turn out 100%
Post a Comment